Wednesday, July 17, 2013

You Are More- Tenth Avenue North

I've been a fan of Tenth Avenue North for quite some time now, but I'd never gotten around to listening to this song until about a week or two ago. Looking back, I think I remember hearing it once one the radio, but I'd never actually listened to it until recently. And I wish, I would have looked it up the second I'd heard of it. This song really would have helped me about a year ago. I felt like I wasn't worthy of forgiveness. I wrote a poem about it once, and I used the phrase "I feel as though I've failed the test, yet You've graded on a curve." I kept dwelling on my mistakes, and everything wrong I'd done in my day to day life. There are some lyrics in the song, that really spoke to me:
"Well she tries to believe it, that she's been given new life. But she can't shake the feeling, that it's not true tonight."
That's exactly the phase I was going through, and it was a dark time in my life. It was really hard to get out of as well. But then I remembered, when I accepted Jesus into my life, I was forgiven. Right then and there, and there is nothing, I could do that would ever change that. Ever. Now that right there, is a great feeling. Hope you guys like the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment