Wednesday, July 17, 2013

           So, I was scrolling through my tumblr a few minutes ago and came across this post ( I left the usernames above the post in case you were curious) . This simple post just about brought me to tears. I think is something that we all struggle with sometimes; love. I know it's something that I personally struggle with quite a lot. But you have to put it into perspective. We are told to love as we have been loved.
          John 13 34-35 A new command I give you. Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another.
           What do you notice when you read that verse? The repetition?  The fact that the phrase "Love one another" was used three times is making a statement. But we all know that. We've been told this from the beginning. So why is it that this is such a hard task for us? Because it hurts us? So maybe there's this girl who is dating the guy you like, and maybe she isn't the nicest to you. Maybe there's this guy in your class who is always finding a way to get on your last nerve. Maybe someone has caused you so much pain, physical or emotional, that you've cried yourself to sleep before. And you think, how could I forgive such a thing!?
           Personally, I would see this as an opportunity! If this person, who ever they may be, has clearly hurt you, and sees you showing them nothing but love towards them, they will notice your love. They will be able to see Jesus' love through you! 
          I may have gotten a bit (okay a lot) off topic there, but it's just what came out. I don't really ever plan and proofread these posts. I literally just sit down whenever I fell like I need to talk about something, so please excuse my rants (: I love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment